Friday, November 16, 2012

Leaving on the 25th of November once again!

Can't believe I am doing this for the 3rd time now.  So far, $1500 has been pledged/collected and growing.  Lots of community members have asked me to remind them for their donation.  A total of 5 of us women will be going on this trip.  We are sightseeing thru Rajeshthan first before beginning the humanitarian work in Ahmedabaad as usual.

Will end up in the Navjivan naturopathic health farm at the end of our work thru the slums - looking forward to that for sure.  The slums noooo, I have to be really strong and not break down in tears every time I see how they live and especially when they have young children.  We hear a lot of the welfare families are just waiting for our arrival....if you have any ideas on fundraising, the more I can raise, the more families can be helped by us personally.

All 100% of the funds go to the families, we come up with our own expenses to go to India and during our stay there.

 Hoping to continue my work as an online teacher while also dealing with a new country, new technology and jet lag and time change, etc...


 OK OK among all the good things such as getting to drive a tractor in the middle of the health farm where I was learning to lose weight...





and ride a camel all over a beautiful beach in Mundra...







or better yet, fresh coconut water instead of surviving on the cans from Costco out here...

That's it for now...stay tuned for further adventures in the 2012 trip, I have a feeling it's going to be a good one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment